Friday, October 8, 2010

Chapter 15 Paperweight - Schyler Fisk & Joshua Radin

As promised three chapters this week. Ok so two of them are really short. ANYWAYS. I wanted to do something a little different and this chapter happened. First person isn't really my thing but I gave it a shot. Hopefully it doesn't suck to bad.

Sarah

‘Ugh. I have to pee.’ I thought to myself as I laid in bed. Th sun was up but Kris has been kind enough to pull his heavy blackout curtains. Only the faint orange yellow glow came though at the edges creating an orangish yellow glow in the room. I was on my stomach facing away from him. I could feel him to my side. He was sleeping solidly on his back which I know was a feat for him. He was usually a stomach or side sleeper like myself. I was used to waking up with him on his stomach one arm touching my arm or back like he it was there to make sure I wasn’t going to leave him. Tonight though he slept so still his arm in place on his chest propped with a pillow positioning it like he had it in a sling. He was snoring lightly a kind of whistle as he breathed through his mouth.
I crawled out of bed mindful not to uncover him and subject his body to the cold air of the room. I shivered slightly as I padded across the room to ‘his bathroom’. Putting the seat down I sighed in relief. Sometimes it just feels really good to pee. I didn’t bother to turn on the light knowing the little plug in air freshener the gave off a faint glow would be in its usual place. He had gotten it when I first started staying there regularly. I had tripped on my way to the ‘guest bathroom’ off the hallway hurting my toe. I must have been loud swearing when I did it because he came to my aid as I sat on the floor winging holding it. It ended up being fine, just a broken toenail but at the time it hurt. He was so sweet making sure I was ok that night I had to kick him out so I could actually pee.
Even now we aren’t to the point of open door bathroom use. Getting ready in the morning sure. He had seen me in my underclothes quite frequently and in my opinion when I had a hairdryer in my hand I wasn’t at my most sexy. Sometimes he disagreed but it was his prerogative as a man to make no sense when it came to wanting sex.
With my business taken care of I washed and dried my hands heading back to bed. The warmth of him under the blankets was like slipping into the most comfortable fresh out of the dryer sweater ever. I moved to his side bringing my head to his chest Overall he was a hairy guy just not so much on his chest. I laid my head on him hearing the consistent watery thuds of his heart pumping blood. Between the whistles of his light snore and the beats of his heat it didn’t take long for me to feel sleepy. The last thing I felt was his hand smoothing over my still damp hair. I felt just a bit guilty for waking him but his tenderest of touches just left me feeling like this tiny moment would be an amazing memory to keep as I feel back asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris

She doesn’t know it because I have told her but anytime she gets out of bed I wake up. Not because she’s loud or bounces around on the mattress but it’s just something that happens. Like now the cold creeps in from where she was and I wake up seeing her be sure to close the bathroom door even in the dark. It doesn’t bother me. I know we’ll get to the level of comfort for open door bathroom use eventually. For now it’s a comfortable mystery.
My shoulder is killing me but I don’t want to tell her. She would spring into nurse mode and leave girlfriend behind in the bat of an eye. The reality is it will hut no matter what I do. She’d just get me a pill and water. The pills help but I don’t want to turn into House popping pills and being crazy.
I hear her flush and open my eyes to watch her creep back to bed. She moves to lay with me and I close them again so she doesn’t feel obligated to talk. Only two hours had passed since she crawled into bed with me the first time.
A few minuets pass and I move my hand to her hair. It’s still damp. Her hair was so soft and silky. I know it feels good when do that. Girls like to touch my hair and frankly it feels good when they do. I like it when their fingers and nails scratch my scalp light, when they move it out of my face to kiss me, I love it all. That’s why I usually keep it long. I cut it because Sarah never mentions it. She barely ever talks about my hair or her own. It was a change not to have it be the reason someone liked me. It had gotten a bit out of control long too, even for me.
I remember the first night Sarah and I just slept together no sex. I had the day off and she had picked up a shift at the children’s hospital to visit Jason and some of the other kids. We had intended to just watch a moved but it turned into a marathon of Criminal Minds. She loves the show and I tolerate it. It was late and I asked her to stay. She said she couldn’t because it was ‘that time’. She’s honest like that. She even went so far to tell me she did the seasonal one which I didn’t need to know but she felt compelled to say so. I just nodded along not sure what to say. She agreed to just sleeping and adopted a red t-shirt of mine. I call it one of my Montreal shirts since you wouldn’t find something like it here in the US. She laughed about that. She also took a pain of my shorts pulling the drawstring tight on her smaller hips.
It is so strange when things work out just so. We naturally sleep on different sides of the bed. There was no looking at one another awkwardly deciding who would sleep where. I got in on the window and bathroom side and she took the door side of the bed.
We could spoon then. I could lay on my now hurt shoulder and have her body completely pressed to mine. It was and still is such an amazing felling to fall asleep pressed against her. The smell of her, the softness of her body, how she rubs her feet together to to sooth herself… all of it is just so… comforting. It’s as if I didn’t know what a restful night of sleep was like till I met her. Even now with my shoulder causing pain I’ve slept better since she arrived than he 4 before. I wonder if she sleeps better when we are together too? I’m to tired to think about it. I can smell her hair now and it’s making me sleepy. I close my eyes my fingers still in her hair and slowly sink back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment