Friday, December 10, 2010

Part 2: Chapter 2 & 3 : F**k Gentely - Tenacious D, I'd Rather Be With You - Joshua Radin

I decided to post these two Chapter's together because they're both short. So no complaints this time *you know who you are*. As always I hope everyone enjoys it as we head into the freakishly dense 3 'chapters' coming up.

“Ok with a smile like that you totally got laid this morning. If I wasn’t aware of your total aversion to car sex I’d say you just got laid in the parking lot.” Mal said as the pair headed into the hospital. Sarah was in for a training and Mal for the training followed by a shift.

“Can’t a girl be happy to be home?” Sarah asked lifting her coffee to her lips to hide her smile.

“Oh please you totally had hot long haired French Canadian hockey stud sex at 5am.” Mal hit the up button on the elevator as she talked.

“You’re one to talk walking a little bow legged this morning?” she asked in a sing song voice.

“Damn straight.” Mal said with a big grin. “Let me guess you and Mr. Sensitive held hands all night and cried while you…”she paused for dramatic effect “made LOVE.”

“Ha. Nice. If you must know we totally fucked in the living room yesterday. I mean could barely get the door closed before he was on me.” she grinned mischievously. “This morning was half asleep slow lazy cozy… honestly I don’t’ think he’s ever had a bad performance.” she usually wasn’t one to chat about her and Kris’ sex life. She was always a little paranoid about people listening.

“Damn girl. God love my Max but I could go for half asleep and lazy on occasion.”

They reached the floor they needed for the training. “Lunch before I lose you to hockey land again?” Mal asked as they took their seats.

“Always.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Oh man you must be tired Tanger.” max said from the tredmill next to Kris.

“Why?” he asked slightly confused by the random question. They hadn’t been in the workout room that long yet.

“Dude you and your sexy girlfriend just reunited after three months. Even I know what he’s talking about.” Sid said from Kris’ other side.

“Oh yes. I missed her lots. I actually rest better now that she is home and safe.” Kris said dodging the question.

“You know I was only in Haiti for a few days but when I got home I think Mal and I both had trouble walking for days.” Max said as the conditioning coach came over bumping up the speed on Max and Sid but the incline for Kris knowing what would break each of the guys sooner.

“Come on Tanger give me something. I don’t have a girlfriend right now and I gotta live through you guys.” Sid said.

“Sid. Dat’s creepy.” Max said blanking.

“Don’t let Sarah know you want to know about her.” Kris said shaking his head. “She’s scary. She’ll prank you like before or worse yet she’ll make you think she's did something which is so much worse. Psychological warfare.” he explained.

“Do not think you’ll get out of this.” Max said. “Psycho or not you have to give us something.”

“Fine. Yesterday night frantic hallway living room. I needed her bad. This morning lazy slow spoons. Are you both happy?" He asked his face bright pink with embarrassment.

“Damn you do love her don’t you? No one spoons unless they are in love.” Max sad with Sid nodding his agreement.

“Yeah I do.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So spoon sex…” Mal said crunching into a red pepper that topped her salad.

“Yeah it’s nice. Really intimate feeling, being connected head to toe.” Sarah explained happily adding mayo to her turkey sandwich.

“Sounds like it.” Mal said with another crunchy bite. “So what’s wrong with him? I mean he’s been perfect since the beginning. Like Max is amazing but his flaws are being horny all the fucking time and the whole superstar persona thing he insists on keeping up in public. He has trouble being the real Max.” Mal explained.

“Kris is to giving. I know that sounds stupid but he would lasso the moon if I asked him to. He never expresses his needs though. I have to dog so deep to get anything out of him. Someday I’m afraid he’ll resent me for not knowing his needs better. He’s a secret keeper too. I know it’s just his general quietness but I don’t like secrets.”

“If he’s the pot then you’re the kettle calling him black when it comes to secrets and open communication.” Mal said lifting her fork to her mouth. “You still haven’t told him everything about Dr. Asshat and when you were a kid.” Mal lifted her eyes to her friend.

“I know Mal.” she said taking a bite of pineapple from her fruit cup she had gotten with her sandwich. She hoped the sweet acid of the fruit would push down the burning acid her stomach was churning up at the mention of her past.

“So tell me about this spooning thing…” Mal said changing the subject.

“Well sometimes when one of us need that connection we just sleep like that so close together. I mean he’s just kind of there and ready to go in the morning s I mean it just kind of happened.” she said her neck and chest going pink. “I mean well first he gets me going but you get the idea.”

“Damn girl. For real hold onto him.”

“I plan on it Mal. I mean I love him.”

Mal just smiled knowingly trying to hide behind her salad.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So what’s she like Tanger?” Sid asked not looking aay from the big HD tv they were playing one of the final fantasy games on at MAF’s house.

“Ew, Sid I do not want to know. She is like our Sister.” Marc-Andre said making a face.

“Liar. Before she and Kris were official you said she was hot.” Sid shot back.

“Yes, hot but I do not want to think about Tanger having sex.”

“Gross. Just say about her Tanger. come on.” Sid begged.

“If you don’t he will never shut up. Better here than the locker room.” Marc said with a sigh

Kris ran a hand through his hair. “Well she is good at everything. Giving, flexibility, endurance, strength…”

“Tanger this isn’t a scouting report get to the good stuff.” Sid said putting the game on pause looking at his friend.

“Well she has a great tongue. It just doesn’t things. Her breast are perfect.” he said holding his hands up. They just big enough to look amazing when she lays down… she isn’t shy about being naked when it’s just us. She’s made me a sandwich topless.” he said grinning like a school boy though it was his friends with their mouths hanging open that made him chuckle.

“Dude if you guys break up I’m so jumping in there.” Sid said joking… well mostly joking.

“She’s forever guys. She is the one.” Kris said taking the game off pause continuing with the level they were on.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Chapter 3

“So this is it?” Mal asked looking over Sarah and the exactly 20 boxes she had sitting on the side of the curb.

“Yep this is it.” Sarah confirmed.

“No really this is it?” Mal asked again.

“Yeah Kris has everything and all his stuff was better than mine. Well except my wok and baking stuff. He didn’t have any of that. We got me a desk and a new book cake too. So I gave all the rest of my stuff to charity or junked it. Well except that.” She said pointing out one box with Mal’s name on it. “That’s all your stuff or stuff I knew you would want.”

“The purple rain boots?” she asked raising an eyebrow.

“Yes since I have the newer black one wit white polka-dots.” Sarah confirmed. “And the silver heels I only wore to that one Christmas party. Just stuff I know you would dive in the dumpster for if I told you I threw it out.” she said with a shrug.

“Have I told you lately that I love you…” mal started to sing.
“Shut up you nut.” Sarah laughed as she picked up the first box lugging it into the back of Mal’s SUV.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The girls worked all morning moving the boxes tll Mal had to go to a meeting for Max’s Foundation. Mal was actually really knowledgeable about that kind of stuff and thought it was great the couple could be involved together on the project.

Sarah got all of her clothes put away first then the kitchen. Finally she tackled the biggest project. Putting together the Ikea bookcase for all their books, DVD’s and cd’s. She was standing up on a chair putting things on the top shelf when she heard the door open and then close.

“Well dat is going to take getting used to.” Kris said as he entered the room.

“Hey!” she asked from where she was perched on the chair. “Can you hand me your red piƱata horse award thing?” she asked pointing out the award he had won at world juniors with team Canada. She had found it buried in the back of what was now her closet and thought it would look good on display.

He handed it p to her where she put it between some books. It looked nice there which he was confused about. How would she know to put it between books. It must have been some weird girl instinct he thought.
“Come here.” he said taking her out at the knees forcing her to fall into his arms with a gleeful squeal.

“And to think I was worried about how I was going to get down.” she joked shifting in his arms to press a kiss to his lips. “How was practice with the shooting?” she asked as he put her down on her feet. She knew he had been working all summer putting pucks on the net.

“Good. I think we want to change my stick a bit. A bit more of a curve.” he said with a shrug. He didn’t really like change but if it would help him not miss the goal he would give it a try. “I see you made progress. Is this all you brought?” he asked remembering her apartment to be full of stuff.

“Yeah I got rid of a bunch of stuff. I know you don’t like clutter and it was stuff I didn’t need.”

“You didn’t have to we could have gotten storage.” he said sitting on the arm of the sofa watching her go back to putting books and things on the shelves.

“Sweetie I just spent three months living out of one suitcase. I learned what’s important and what isn’t.” she said giving him a smile.

“I just don’t want you to mss anything.” he said getting up bound for the kitchen. He saw her stack of cook books arranged on what were his next to bare counters along with her cookie jar and set of canisters looking like something out of an interior design magazine. It looked good, like a woman lived here which she did now but it was going to take some getting used to. He wasn’t as bad about change as some but it was still a challenge. Good thing this wasn’t happening mid-season.

‘Drink?” he asked going to the fridge.

“Water please.” she replied from the other room. “Can you make pesto chicken for dinner? I missed your pesto chicken oh and salad. That sound really good.”

“Um yeah. Let me check if there is everything here…”

“There is. I checked and put the chicken down to thaw.” she said with an obvious smile in her voice.

“Cheater. You knew I would make it before you asked.” he said bringing her the water even opening the lid for her.

“Maybe but you me love.” she called from the living room where she was still working at the book shelf.

“Yeah I do.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“Hey what is dis?” Kris asked standing at her open dresser drawers in their now shared bedroom. He pulled out a purple satin and lace number holding it up. His wet hair dripped on it leaving dark water spots on the material.

Sarah emerged from the bathroom wrapped in a towel. “Well that was going to be a surprise…” she paused for dramatic effect. “Surprise.” she said with a chuckle. “I can put it on now if you want but after that good clean fun we just had I don’t know if I can go or another round right now. I need to rest.” she said putting her hand on his arm feeling the contours of his muscles.

“Another night.” he said putting it away before pulling out pajama’s for her.

“Why thank you.” she said taking the shorts and tank top he had picked for her.

He couldn’t help but watch as she got dressed. She was the only woman he had ever seen who could look just as sexy putting clothes on as she could taking them off.

“What?” she asked catching him watching her as she pulled the tank over her head.

“I am a lucky man.” he said with a grin going to his own dresser pulling out boxers to sleep in.

She crawled across the bed to get to him faster. “Please. I am the luck one. You are like a freaking statue of a greek god or something.” she said running her hands over his toned back and shoulders. She sighed the contented sigh she always had when she was happy as she moved away from him to turn down the bed. She climbed into bed feeling like things were really official now even though they had to have done the same thing over a hundred nights before. It was just she lived her now and this was her bed as well as his.

Kris climbed into bed after turning of the lights and cozied up next to her. They always started off like this drifting apart as they slept most night. “Play question game with me till one of us falls asleep?” he asked wrapping his arms around her.

“Ok.” she said knowing it wouldn’t be long till he drifted off.

“Best day of your life? Do not be cheese and say something about us.” they had to put stipulations on the questions knowing one another as well as they did.

“Um… I think finishing my first marathon. No one thought I could do it. I didn’t even think I could do it.” she explained. “Ok your turn. What was your favorite toy growing up. Excluding hockey stuff.”

“When I was really little I had this brow stuffed dog. It is on the shelf in my bedroom at my Mom’s. Theo was its name. Then I like building toys, drawing stuff too.”

In another life she thought maybe he could have turned out to be an architect or something.

“When were you most scared?” he asked next. She waited a moment thinking maybe he would drift off but his lips on her shoulder let her know he was waiting for an answer no matter how slow and steady his breathing got.

“Sometimes when I was really little and lived with my Mom she would bring these guys home and they were more interested in me than her.” This was what Mal was talking about right? Being honest, no secrets.

“Wait you mean she let them…” he asked trailing off propping himself up on an elbow to lean over her a bit.

“Yeah…. What ever you’re thinking yeah and maybe worse.” Sarah said softly. “I really don’t want to go into detail.”

“Why have you never told me?” he asked softly. Suddenly her reluctance to try certain things in bed made sense.

Sarah rolled over to meet his eyes in the darkened bedroom. “What was I supposed to say? By the way my history of neglect wasn’t what got me removed from my Mom’s care but some seriously fucked up shit she let happen in exchange for drugs and money?” she turned away from him again. “She did what she did and I am who I am because of it. I mean if I it wasn’t like that maybe I wouldn’t even be here. I could have turned out like her.”

“You’ll never be like that.” he said cutting her off. “Never ever. And I will never let anyone hurt you ever again. It should not have ever happened to any child ever.”

“You’re right.” she said turning over and forcing him to his back so she could lay against his chest. “My question.” she needed to change the subject though things were already uncomfortable so she figured shed ask something she didn’t know the answer to. “Do you want to be a Dad?” over all she found that he ignored children when they were around. He casually observed them but never interacted unless prompted to do something specific. People handed their babies to MAF and Max all the time but it was like no one dared to hand their child to Kris.

“Before I did not think so. Now I think yes. I don’t know many childs and even less babies. But I know you will be the best Mom ever so much so to make up for my being a bad Dad.”

His answer made her smile. “You won’t be a bad Dad. You just need to practice. We should baby sit for Duper or Kuni sometime.”

“Not Duper even his kids beak me.”

Sarah really had to work hard not to laugh. Duper’s kids looked and acted just like him so she could see that happening under Duper’s supervision.

“I remember seeing you at the hospital one day when I was bringing you lunch. We were just starting. You had this little girl about four or five just clinging to you as you held her. She was crying but no sound, I think she was in pain and you just walked the hall with her up and down trying to sooth her. It make me think sometime I want to come home and see you with our little girl taking care of her. I never thought like that till I knew you.”

She softly patted his chest unsure of how to respond.

“Do you want to be a Mom?” he asked after a pause so long she had thought he had fallen asleep.

“Yeah.” she said softly even though the light buzz of a snore he had when he slept on his back could be heard.

2 comments:

  1. Stop it... just stop it.
    I don't want to fall for Tanger! You're evil...

    Amazing chapter. I loved learning things about them, and I want to be brought into this story so that I can take out her mom... And I don't mean on a date...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this. I like it already!

    ReplyDelete